Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Growth Mindset: Staying Busy to Stay Productive

Growth Mindset: Staying Busy to Stay Productive


Everyone has to work to achieve the growth mindset that is ideal for themselves. For myself, this practical learning and work style is still being polished. For chart we evaluated for this class, it is apparent to myself that there are a few aspects I must work on to complete my mindset. Specifically 'setting your own schedule and priorities' and 'taking risks' are two of those aspects. My scheduling issues comes down to some things I am working on personally, not just for school: which is Time Management. The big TM that always seems to give me a bit of trouble. Setting time aside to work on projects, homework and and other components of my day is very hard. As much as I love a structured and well planned day, I always seem to retain my 'relaxed and unplanned' habits. This is something I plan on using this class to help correct; with the balance of freedom and structure. Paying closer attention to given tasks and not procrastinating will help with the mindset. Setting scheduled alarms and times for work, school, assignments and other activities will be a way to aid the progress.

Now that I am getting more and more into H&W Coaching and Person Training, scheduling clients and practice sessions is consuming a lot of my day, leaving the rest for the time to be productive. I put a lot of pride into establishing rapport with clients and practice clients to ensure the best possible session. Staying busy working with others in this aspect helps me maintain productivity in my off time.


2 comments:

  1. I have had to deal with the same problem as well. I enjoy having a structured day as well but I had the problem of falling into my lazy routine as well. I would always do assignments the day they were due. I still do this sometimes but only for things that I know I can get done easily. These comments for example. I have been getting a lot better with time management because of this class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely sympathize with the sentiment of struggle in relation to time management. If I couldn’t then perhaps I wouldn’t be completing this assignment on a Sunday evening once again. Regardless, I think it’s something I could benefit from working on. I appreciated reading your post, specifically your comment about setting scheduled alarms. I hadn’t really thought to do that in order to keep myself on track. The only tricky part is that you would have to really know how long everything in your day would take if you wanted to use that tip. Either way, it was nice to read about a fellow procrastinator!

    ReplyDelete